Skip to content

Practical Training


You can only work off campus if you have been approved for Curricular Practical Training (CPT), Optional Practical Training (OPT), or Academic Training for J-1 students. All of these require authorization. You can find more information on CPT, OPT, and Academic Training in the ISSS Portal. Internships are work and, as such, authorization must be obtained if you plan to have an internship at any time. In times of financial trouble, it is possible to apply for off-campus work authorization. If you would like more information, please make an appointment with an advisor to talk about Severe Economic Hardship.