Initial I-20 Request
Requesting an Initial I-20Now that you are admitted, you will need an immigration document in order to obtain your student visa. Please log in with your FlashLine credentials and complete the necessary information for your initial I-20.
Requesting an Initial I-20 from ISSS is completed in the ISSS Portal.This is used to manage international student records. You will complete your I-20 request on the ISSS Portal by logging in with your FlashLine Username and Password. Instructions for how to log in to FlashLine are found here. You will need to prepare the following for your Initial I-20 request:
- Students must be fully admitted by Kent State University.
- Valid Passport: Most Recently Issued
- If you will have any F-2 dependents, you must upload a valid passport for each F-2 dependent.
- You will also have to complete questionnaires to provide us with their information.
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Financial Documents
- You must show that you have the financial resources to pay for at least one academic year of studying in Kent State, with the expectation that you will continue to have funding for the duration of your studies.
- This funding should cover tuition, fees, living expenses, medical insurance, and books/supplies while you are in the U.S.
- Financial documents can be in the form of a bank statement, graduate/research assistantship letter, or financial guarantee from your government.
- If you have F-2 dependents, please prepare the following additional funds
- $4,500 for spouse or other first dependent, and
- $2,500 for each additional dependent.
- Update address & phone number
NOTE: Do not make your visa appointment until you have your I-20. You will not be able to obtain a visa without your I-20. We cannot expedite or “rush” an I-20 to you if you have scheduled a visa appointment without an I-20.