Skip to content

Change of Educational Level (New Degree Level)

If you want to continue at Kent State in a different academic level (e.g. bachelors to masters) or, if you want to change to a new degree program at the same level after completing a degree, you must apply for a new degree level.

You must first apply for admission to a new program with the International Admissions Office here.

Once you have received a letter of acceptance for the new program of study and you have registered for courses for the new program, you may submit a request for your new Form I-20. 

Proof of finances current within 6 months will be required with this request for your new I-20.

Your I-20 will be issued at the start of your program as long as you have graduated from your previous program and have registered for full-time courses.

You can complete the New Degree Level Request in the Request Center of the ISSS Portal.